I was brought onto the Loki Studios team to develop and direct the visual style of Geomon, an iOS app.
Geomon is a reality-augmented, role-playing iOS game that harnesses the GPS and IP Location systems of the devices to determine the player's surrounding environment - thereby creating a real-world world map system.
Using the properties of the environment, the player can use their device as a "tracker" for spirit creatures called Espers. Players can collect, trade, and battle with these creatures as part of a progressive single-player storyline, or as part of a multi-player experience.
My work on Geomon as Art Director involved the following tasks:
- Developing the visual style.
- Creating all the art assets for the interface in the app's initial release.
- Creating design and style guidlines for the Esper creatures.
- Creating the initial release art assets for the Espers.
- Designing the game's logo.
- Designing the logo for the fictional, story-based company, EsperCorp.
Wait, this sounds like Pokemon Go!